UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British national. My wife is Pakistan national. I have

Customer Question

I am a British national. My wife is Pakistan national. I have not yet applied for her permanent settlement. Can my wife visit me on visit visa and how long this type of visa may take.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, she may apply for a family visit visa to visit you which is usually for 6 months duration.
She will however need to show evidence that she will return back to Pakistan at the end of her visit e.g. By showing employment, family, property etc ties back in Pakistan.
Such applications take about 2-4 weeks to process normally.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear sir,

I am now in the UK. I reside in Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Yes she has ties in Pakistan. I can not apply for a spousal Visa due to certain complications which exist due to my Financial Settlement case, which has not even commenced, although I am trying to achieve it. She will be returning back to Pakistan upon completing her legal stay here in the UK.

The common sense state that I am not going to jeopardise her ability to apply for a spousal visa in future.

I understand that she will have to go bac to Pakistan to file for a Spousal Visa.

what is the bot***** *****ne when it comes to the issuance of a Visit Visa in this case?

What is acceptable to the Consulate in Islamabad for such an Application?

I have my father, my brother and other people - very affluent, who can act as guarantors for her timely return.

Please advise.

thank you.

Haider Saeed.

The bot***** *****ne is that she is a genuine visitor and will go back at the end of her visit.
The documents for a family visit visa are set out here
https://www.gov.uk/family-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide
All the best