UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I got married to my wife since 12th Apr 2007 i lived with

I got married to my wife since 12th Apr 2007 i lived with here in France for 27 moths before she moved to London in sep 2009 and found a job . i followed her with EEA family visa, we have been in the UK Since then. Five years has past. i will need to apply for Permanent residency so what is the options and my rights .?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If your wife has been exercising treaty rights in the UK for the last 5 years, you may already automatically be a permanent resident in the UK.
You may apply for a permanent residence card to prove your entitlement, and if this is issued, it means that you are free to live in the UK indefinitely, claim benefits etc.
The application form appears here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-document-certifying-permanent-residence-or-permanent-residence-card-form-eea-pr
You may also apply for British Citizenship after a year of your permanent residency.
May I help further?