UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I hold a UK ancestry visa with a valid period of 11/0510 -

I hold a UK ancestry visa with a valid period of 11/0510 - 11/05/15. My first entry into the UK after the visa was granted was on 14/05/10 (3 days later). I travelled numerous times after that date. My physical visa passport page was not stamped until 26/06/10 (I didn't know it had to be stamped). In assessing elgibility for applying for my ILR (rather than having to get an extension), is the entry stamp from 14/05/10 sufficient, even though it is on a regular passport page? Thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that stamp is sufficient and your clock started ticking from 14/05/10 for ILR purposes.
The earliest date on which you may apply for ILR is 16/04/2015 which is 28 days before your 5th anniversary in the UK on your Ancestry Visa.
Hope this helps and good luck