Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

how do i contact the british consulate &

Customer Question

how do i contact the british consulate for passports & special circumstances. I am trying to obtain British Citizenship/British passport for my son. Both his father and I have obtained a British passport both of us born in USA we were thinking this was the best way to get our son his passport and citizenship. He wants to move to the UK for college and eventually obtain a HN degree and work and live in the UK. Both Paternal grandfathers and grandmothers are British born as is Great grand parents on both sides. He plans on college/university for Electrical Engineering. We were told that passports are issued one generation back. however given the area of intended field of study be Engineering and the fact that both sides of the family down the line are in fact British born a special circumstance may apply and he could get his British passport. How do I proceed with this to find out if a special circumstance would apply??? how do i obtain citizen ship for him the passport office kicked his application back but they said we could check with the consulate. the one in los angeles was no help.
Category: Immigration Law