Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

EEA Family permit then residency?

Customer Question

I am from Qatar and my fiancee is Dutch, he currently works and resides in Edinburgh, Scotland (he moved there in April). We plan to get married in Denmark in June and I want to move in with him afterwards. I plan to reside at and finish my masters degree in Edinburgh.

The route that seems best to get a EEA family permit and then apply for a UK residence card. The problem is I can not apply for the family permit while I am at Qatar due to family conflict. In addition, I want to provide our marriage certificate which will be at the registry office (not religious) . And I can not come back home either.

Can I apply for the family permit while I am in Denmark? How long does it typically take for the family permit? What other choices do I have? and is there a better route? Do you recommend hiring a lawyer to proceed with the paper work or can we do it ourselves? (my fiancee and I are cost sensitive, and we would prefer to hire someone only if its absolutely necessary)

Note:

* I will have a sufficient amount to support myself as I currently work

* We have been in a relationship for two years, it is a long distance relationship and we have met. We have proof for that.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait :) thanks for letting me know

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long further do you think it will take?

I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I guess there is nothing more that can be done. The return will be sufficient and no other action is required from your side.