Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

/Madam We are a couple, from Spain and Pakistan.

Customer Question

dear Sir/Madam
We are a couple, from Spain and Pakistan. My husband, Fareed, from Pakistan wants to apply for the permanent residence card.
Fareed is in the UK since 2005, we got married on 28th April 2010. He has never been on benefits although he never worked for about 1 year because his visa expired and he had to wait for the Home Office to reply and gives permission to get married. I got my permanent residence card in 2014.
Our questions are:
- do we have to provide his documents that cover the last 5 years or since he's been in the UK 2005?
- They ask details about me too, such as if I have been on benefits and what ones. I have only one letter from the jobcentre plus saying I have been on benefits and the dates but it doesn't say how much allowance I got. Would that be enough for the HO?
- they ask for the reference number of my residence card. I can see 2 numbers so I'm unsure about which one is the right one.
- we are using the form EEA (FM) version 01/2015, is that right?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Marta Gordon-Fernandez
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your patience.
When did you claim benefits and for how long?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom
I would need to check exact dates but it was 1 year and 2 months i think, from dec 2010- march 2012 more or less. I always volunteered during this time
I will tell you exact dates tonight
Marta
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marta
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The types of documents that you are expected to submit with the application are contained at section 5 of the following form:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414055/EEA_PR__04-15.pdf
The best way forward is to supply as much documentation as you can for the previous 5 years, because that is the period on which your husband’s application will be based.
The evidence that you have from the time which he arrived here since 2005 should be supplied as supporting evidence, but if there are things that you no longer have then they should not affect his eligibility unless they bring in to question his status or eligibility within the period from 2005 to 2015.
As to benefits, you should gather any other correspondence from the time you claimed benefits and check your bank records. If these do not confirm how much benefits and for how long you claimed them then you can write to the office from which you claimed them asking for details. If they say they cannot provide them then you should explain this in your statement and provide a copy of the letters with the application for permanent residence.
If applying for permanent residence under EEA rules then your husband should use the form on the link above
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your answer
Can you tell me how to find the ref number of my residence card?
I can submit it to you if you want
Marta
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
If you can attempt to attach it that would be great..
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont see the way to attach the card im sorry. I did it via email but am unsure you got it
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marta,
Can you let me have the two numbers just in writing please?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ukf(###) ###-####
Vrgbrgordon<fernandez<marta
18252953<7esp7702163F
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marta,
I have a meeting now. I will be able to reply in about an hour..
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No problem
Thanks for letting me know
Marta
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Thomas

the dates when I claimed benefits are:

31/03/2009-23/04/2009

11/02/2011-25/03/2012

I can provide bank statements for the Home Office to see the allowance I got.

thanks

marta

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Marta,
Sorry for the delay.
I think the reference number will be "18252953<7esp7702163F" but there will be space on the form to put another refence number and you can list the other one in there.
Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much Thomas

Regards,

Marta

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, Marta. Good luck.
Tom