Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

there.I am applying british citizenship in next

Hi there.
I am applying for the british citizenship in next few days. I had two speeding fines. One was a fpn more then 3 years ago and the other was 4 points on the licence through the court but that was also more then 3 years ago. Then i had another fpn for using a mobile phone in oct 2012 and a recent fpn for using the mobile phone while driving in november last year. I also got a criminal conviction for misuse of drugs act 1971 section 4(3)(B) cannabis.i was convicted on the 28 of march 2012 and i was given 125 hours of community payback order. The 3 years has also just lapsed for that aswell. Would these still affect my application?
Thanks nauman
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nauman,
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
The first two FPNs will be okay, because although the second one counts because it is a criminal conviction more than three years have passed.
Again, the March 2012 conviction again would not – on it’s own – mean that your application would be rejected.
As to the 2012 FPN and the November 2015 FPN, normally these would not count either because they are FPNS. However, my concern with your application is that you appear to have 4 FPNs and one further conviction.
Although FPNs are not normally counted they can be where numerous FPNs have been received which would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls an applicant’s character in to question. I have to be honest in that your application is really borderline because four FPNS and a further conviction at more or less regular intervals does suggest a pattern. If they are going to reject your application then this would be the reason why.
Ideally, I would say wait until 18 months since the last FPN occurred and then apply so that you are argue that the pattern has ceased. If you apply now I would put your chances at 50:50 unfortunately.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Tom. So if i apply now and they turn down my application. Would this affect my application when i reapply again in 18 months?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
No, it would not affect it provided that you are truthful in this application that you are about to submit.
Tom