UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

, I am currently holding a work visa, which expires on 31

Hi, I am currently holding a work visa, which expires on 31 August 2015. I would like to switch to a settlement visa as the partner of my wife, who lives in the UK with me. My wife is a German citizen settled in the UK in September 2013. We are both in full-time employment at the moment. Our combined income exceeds the financial requirement. However, my wife has been with her current employer for six months with the fist 3 months of that being thorough Agency. 1 Would this cause an issue with the Home Office? 2 Which application form would i need to apply for this visa e.g FLR (?). Many Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.

The good news is that you fall under EEA regulations and there are no minimum income requirements under EEA regulations as there are in the UK immigration rules.

You may apply for a residence card straight away: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/overview

The application form may be downloaded here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-registration-certificate-or-residence-card-for-a-family-member-form-eea-fm

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I have asked two questions but I have got different answer. I said that my spouse has been in the UK since September 2013. I can not apply residence card. I need answers for my questions. Thanks
To answer your questions:

1) No, it would not cause any issue as your wife is exercising treaty rights in the UK;

2) you should use the application form given in my link:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-registration-certificate-or-residence-card-for-a-family-member-form-eea-fm

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am really confused. I would applied other type of category but you said to me I can apply for a residence card straight away. I am Turkish and have been 8 years in the UK. I have got married 2 years ago who is German citizen. We are both working in the UK. I have Turkish worker visa and expires on 31.08.2015. Can I apply for a residence card straight away? If I can, it would be excellent. It is too complicated. Thanks for help.

Yes, you can apply for a residence card straight away.

All the best. Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will try to apply this. How long does it take to process? is it like visa? isn't it? Thanks