Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Is it true that I can apply and obtain a UK citizenship, if

Customer Question

Is it true that I can apply and obtain a UK citizenship, if I am a resident of UAE and if I only pass a security check (that will be made in 48 hours) and pay a certain amount of money (250,000 UK Pound ) to enter into an agreement with an agent who is a Barrister in UK , paying the above amount, and waiting for 18 months to get a certificate confirming that I am a UK citizen , then I travel to UK to give oath in a big ceremony and I obtain the UK passport, even without living in UK or even without travelling to Uk at all ???
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Where did you get this information?
JACUSTOMER-m66h7869- :

from a UK citizen in Dubai

Alice H : This is a scam.
JACUSTOMER-m66h7869- :

scam means not true not right ?

Alice H : Correct. Somebody is trying to steal your money. You cannot obtain British Citizenship in this way.
JACUSTOMER-m66h7869- :

what if this person is asking to do business to open an office in Dubai and to promote that and receive applicants

Alice H : I cannot say whether the business is legal or not. But what you have been told is wrong.
JACUSTOMER-m66h7869- :

Ok i will give you more details just to be sure that I am fully satisfied. I had asked many questions and entered into details with that person who told me finally that a barrister has an office with a minister in UK and can do this and is legal , I do not believe him that is why I asked

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Can I help you any further?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Good evening. Do you need any further help with this? Alice.