Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

What visa can my wife and daughter can apply from The UK?.

Customer Question

I would be grateful if you can advice me here. I recently got my ILR following 5 years as Tier 1 visa holder status. My wife was with me from the begining when both of us came to IK in Tier 2 visa(July 2009) which was converted to Tier 1 general by March 2010. She had to leave for India due to maternity reasons. While she was in In India her Tier 1 dependent status expired and hence there was a discontinuity. She applied for the entry permit while in India with a gap of 80days. She is now in the UK with me Again from 4/08/2010 under Tier 1 visa extension which is valid till 19/04/2015. I understand that since her visa was not extant while abroad she was not eligible to apply for ILR along with me.

I know there is an option of extending her Tier 1 dependent visa together with my daughter. But this is really expensive and I would not like to go that way unless there is no choice.

My query is if my wife and daughter can apply for FLR(m) visa . I got ILR through Tier 1 general migrant route.

Is FLR(m) possible considering the Rule 8, Appendix FM and SE? Please advice

Arun

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

You can cancel the question please. It seems it is taking too long

Arun

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola,

I didnt know that I will not get a refund if you are not able to provide an answer for my question.

thanks

Reshma XXXXXXX