Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My 30 year old son got DLR years. Will expire in May

Customer Question

My 30 year old son got DLR for 2 years. Will expire in May 2015. Which form to use to go from DLR to ILR?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait for a reply. How long will it take? His visa deadline is fast approaching.

I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will hold on in the hope I get an answer soon.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait because I paid for a reply to my question. I cannot afford to close without a reply. I expected a reply by now based on your advertisement. My deadline is fast approaching.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
On what basis did you son get DLR? When was he issued with it? Has he had it before? if so for how many years has he been on DLR?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My son got DLR in response to his application for ILR because he hadn't done the Life in UK Test. That was the reason in his letter. He was given DLR for 2 years in 2013. Never had it before. Expires at end of April 2015. He has since passed the UK Test.Can he submit his pass letter to update his status from DLR to ILR. Or what application should he submit now? Thank you for a reply.