Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

,I am in the UK on a tier 2 general visa which is valid

Customer Question

Hi, I am in the UK on a tier 2 general visa which is valid for three years. My wife is in the US currently pursuing her studies. She is an Indian national. We got married on 29th of Jan 2015. Prior to our marriage, my wife stayed with me in London for couple of weeks. She was on a visitor visa during this period and I sponsored it. We also spent a week in Scotland post our wedding. She went back to the states on the 7th of February 2015. Her visitor visa is valid till June 2015. We are now trying to apply for a tier 2 dependent visa so that she can travel between US and UK during the course of her studies. Is this the right thing to do ? If so, I am a little confused with some of the rules in section 8 of the immigration rules 319 (c)(h)(i). h) An applicant who is applying for leave to remain must not have last been granted: (i) entry clearance or leave as a visitor, unless the Relevant Points Based System Migrant has, or is being granted, leave to remain as a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant in the creative and sporting subcategory on the basis of having met the requirement at paragraph 245ZQ(b)(ii) Would my wife be effected by this as she has leave as a visitor ? Should we be even applying for a tier 2 dependent visa ? Regards, Prasad

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

Please cancel this question and refund me the money.

Regards,

Prasad