Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

there I am British citizen I got my wife last year with

Customer Question

Hi there I am British citizen I got my wife last year with spouse visa .. She's with me here now and we had our first baby girl here in london .. But what will happen if I don't have income of 18600 my income last year is 14000... Will they refuse to extend her spouse visa thanks in advance...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
Are you employed or self-employed?
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Employed
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Okay.
How much in cash savings do you and your wife have between you please?
Where and when were you born please?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3000 saving and I born 10-08-1987 in Somalia
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Ok.
When did you naturalise as a UK citizen please?
When was your daughter born?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am British citizen sine October 2010 and my daughter born on 17th of October 2014 in london
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi , are you there?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Firstly, your child is entitled to UK citizenship through you by birth. You can apply for her passport now so that her status is secure.
Only a proportion of savings over £16000 are permitted to be taken in to account when meeting the financial requirement.
If you do not meet the salary requirement of £18600 per annum via your employment at the moment. This means that if you still earn the same amount when you come to apply for her extension then they could refuse your application.
Basically, if she is in the UK with you and the child at this point the chances of them actually deporting her are only very slim but the chances of her regularising her stay until you earn the required salary amount are also slim, so she would be left in limbo.
Therefore, your best way forward is to focus now on raising your salary to the required amount of £18600. If you have earned above the salary amount for 6 months by the time she is required to apply for her extension then you will be fine.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I change visa type while she's in uk .