James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I was an overstayer and I applied to remain on FLR(M) just prior to the immigrat

Customer Question

I was an overstayer and I applied for leave to remain on FLR(M) just prior to the immigration changes on 9th July 2012 as a married partner. She is born and raised British and we have a 6 year old boy together. The application was refused but I was granted leave to remain for an initial 30 months under the rules which came into effect on 09/06/2012 under Appendix FM EX 1 on the basis that I have a genuine parental responsibility to a child who is a British citizen.I am required to complete a minimum of 10 years extending every 30 months under that category before I qualify for citizenship. So far nearly 2.5 years is gone and I'm due to renew very soon
Can I switch over and apply under the 5 year route as opposed to the 10 year route using form FLR (FP) and if yes what are my chances?
I can't apply on FLR (M) because the relationship is broken down. I want to apply under any route that will minimise the time of stay to get settlement status.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Do you mean you are no longer looking after the child?