Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

A non-EU, Uk- citizen mother and her child who is also a non-EU,

Customer Question

A non-EU, Uk- citizen mother and her child who is also a non-EU, UK citizen were granted entry visa from 22/10/2012 to 22/07/2015.
The husband of the lady is British citizen.
The British citizen husband is the stepfather of the child Their leave to enter visa will expire soon.
In the meantime, the mother of the child has died.
Should the child apply for and extension to her current leave OR should she apply for indefinite leave to remain. Which application form is appropriate for either of the two scinarios?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm when the application was submitted? Was it submitted before 9th July 2012 or after?