How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 970
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

A non-EU, Uk- citizen mother and her child who is also a non-EU,

Customer Question

A non-EU, Uk- citizen mother and her child who is also a non-EU, UK citizen were granted entry visa from 22/10/2012 to 22/07/2015.
The husband of the lady is British citizen.
The British citizen husband is the stepfather of the child Their leave to enter visa will expire soon.
In the meantime, the mother of the child has died.
Should the child apply for and extension to her current leave OR should she apply for indefinite leave to remain. Which application form is appropriate for either of the two scinarios?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Could you confirm when the application was submitted? Was it submitted before 9th July 2012 or after?
Kind regards