Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

, I am a born and bred British citizen and my daughter

Customer Question

I am a born and bred British citizen and my daughter was born in the USA, where I was living at the time, while I was married to her father, a US citizen.
My daughter and I returned to the UK when she was 13 (around the time her father and I divorced) where we have lived since. She is now 22 years old.
My daughter holds a US passport which she doesn't use, but may choose to do so in the future, as well as a UK passport. Should my daughter apply for dual citizenship, and for what reasons should she need to this?
Many thanks,
Lisa
Category: Immigration Law
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your daughter does not need to apply for Dual Citizenship - she simply has it by virtue of the fact that she is entitled to hold both passports.
However she need sto be aware that if she wishes her children to be British Citizens through her she needs to give birth in the UK
I am not sure if this covers your concerns - do please ask if it does not