Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Good day, I am a south african who was convicted in the UK

Customer Question

Good day, I am a south african who was convicted in the UK in around 2005 of growing cannabis at home. it is my only criminal record anywhere and I got a heavy 18month sentance and should have only spent 4.5 months inside but I spent 9 months in prison, 3 months in a detention center and was then released but had to sign in every week only to be deported a year later. I was told my record would stand for 4 years but the UK has refused me temporary entry to see my ill mother and also for a work visit with Hewlet Packard. I now have other work opportunities but many require me to go to the uk for meetings or training. I live in Spain have no interest in moving to the UK but need to enter there sometimes. I am on a South African passport but my mother is British. i need to know who i can speak to about checking my criminal record and knowing if i will ever be allowed into the UK again.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well I must admit that before I paid, the website said there were 7 immigration experts online and that it would take about 7 minutes for my reply. It also said that should it take longer, I would be informed, by email. Well after sitting for over 4 hours that night, waiting for some kind of info and getting nothing, then again nothing the entire following day, I don't see a shred of evidence that this website cares about anything except taking my money.

As a Sales Management and CS consultant myself, I find this totally unacceptable and would like an explanation as to why you do not comply with what you say on the website after you have my money. This is after all a business that relies on its customers and not a political campaign where any intelligent person would expect mistruths.

Once I receive your reply I will decide if this company is trustworthy enough to manage my very private and personal information.

Lee A Brand

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lee,
The site automatically allocates Experts in a category to a question. Of course, it follows that when Experts read the question, it may not be their exact area of expertise and they may not feel they can provide a full and accurate answer.
We take a question deposit but this is fully refundable on request if you are not satisfied in any way.
Would you like me to continue to look for an Expert to assist with your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good Day Nicola

Firstly, I apologise for my previous email, even though it was not addressed to you personally after reading it again I must admit it seems so. I simply can handle the way companies imply great things to potential customers and put no effort into delivery. I was therefore in the wrong, writing to you in such a manner.

Yes please continue to find someone who can help me

Kind Regards

Lee

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Lee,
Not to worry! We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Did you get a letter stating anything about a 10 year ban from the home office when you left the UK?
Have you been refused a visa since? if so what did the refusal letter state as reason for refusal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I have received no correspondence from the UK after my Deportation as they never asked me where I would live once arriving in South Africa. They also gave me no documentation at all. I was literally given my passport and my bag, and that was it.

I get the feeling that the home office just wanted me out due to the issues during my stay in the UK prison system. My sentence was only for growing and not selling or supply so non-sexual, non-violent and was to spend 4.5 months in a cat D prison(. But after the home offices knee-jerk reaction to a foreign prisoner walking out and killing a UK citizen ALL foreigners were overnight forcibly removed from all cat D prisons by riot police and locked in prison transport vehicles. I spent 9 hours in one without food, water or toilet access and was then dumped in a high security prison for 2.5 month under 23 hour a day lock-up. After that to a Cat B prison. After 9 months I was released and then immediately arrested outside by immigration agents who locked me up in different immigration detention centres over the next few months. after two attempts I got bail and was released. under a year later I was arrested, again, locked up again and later deported.

I have been told that i should go to the press with it but i have no interest in making waves, i just want to be able to see mother when she is ill and maybe have a business meeting or two for work.

I applied late 2013 and was refused with the reason that the home office deemed it best for the public's best interest that I be excluded. I replied asking for info on how long this would be for but got no reply. I was a model prisoner, and followed all orders all the time and don't have a mark against my mane in any way besides this one conviction. I was never deemed a flight risk and a risk to the public but was continually re arrested, deported and now excluded using public safety as the reason.

All I want to know is if this will continue forever, and if not, how long for?

Lee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi any news

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: No answer yet.