UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

GA-ja Why is it so difficult son, a British citizen and his

Why is it so difficult for my son, a British citizen and his son, a British citizen to return to live in the UK with his South African wife - mother of his British son.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Does you son have savings of over £63,500?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, he has a house in SA and once sold should give him savings of approx £50,000
He needs to have kept the proceeds of sale in a bank account for at least 6 months before the date of his wife's UK spouse visa application.
Assuming that he has £50000 from the sale of his property, he will need to show at least £5000 per annum income. If he has at least £63500 savings, he does not need to show annual income and I would advise that he wait until he has this much savings if possible before they apply for the wife's UK visa.
He will also have to show proof of accommodation in the UK.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, so basically he has to stay in SA until he has the required savings?. Can my husband and I sponsor our daughter-in-law?
You may gift your son and your daughter in law say £20000 which they have to keep in their bank account for at least 6 months before making the visa application. This cash gift may be combined with the sale of the property to meet the savings threshold.
He is free to come to the UK with his son as they are both British Citizens, only his wife cannot come until she gets the visa.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You did not answer my question about if it is possible for my husband and I to sponsor our daughter-in-law?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have still not answered my question regarding whether my husband and I can sponsor our daughter-in-law?
No, you cannot sponsor your daughter in law.
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 2 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] co.uk and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.co.uk/immigration-law/91y2y-so-difficult-son-british-citizen.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.