UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My question is about spouse visa salary threshold of £18,600

My question is about spouse visa salary threshold of £18,600 per annum. My Nephew is a self-employed Plumber mainly deals with cash. Requirement states 12-months bank statements in line with tax year. He only has about six month statements showing almost half of the amount required indicating correct average. He submitted his annual tax return based on £19K net income and paid tax accordingly. I have seen provision in Appendix FM SE regarding the cash dealings of construction workers.
Please confirm if he will be fine with 6-months statements?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Provided that your nephew pays all his cash income into his bank account and has 6 months bank statements, he will be fine.
He will also require to show payslips as well as a letter from his employer.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please note he self-employed Plumber, no payslips or employer. Receives cash payments from his customers. Full detail in my first question.

He must be registered with HMRC as self employed to prove that he is self employed in that case.
All the best
I am sorry you are not happy. Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No thanks. On both occasions you never read my question and tried answering.

I am sorry.
As he is self employed, he must show 12 months bank statements, not 6 months which cover the 12 months tax return. I would advise that he wait until he has 12 months of bank statements before the visa application is made by his spouse. He may also need to have another tax filing for the further 6 months period and he should speak to his accountant or HMRC about this.
Hope this helps and that you will change your review to positive.
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience