UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

The Embassy in Bangkok refused my Thai partner her settlement

The Embassy in Bangkok refused my Thai partner her settlement visa to come home with me to the UK. We have a nearly 2-year-old daughter and are currently separated from each other due to the lengthy appeals process. I had to come back to the UK to work.
They have been here before on a six month holiday visa.
I guess what I really need to know is twofold. Is there any way to speed up the appeals process? Can I get them back here on another holiday visa or some sort of temporary visa while I am appealing the settlement visa decision.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You may write a letter to the Tribunal asking them to treat the case as urgent. I would not advise that your wife applies for a visit visa in the meantime as they will think she is not a genuine visitor as she has a pending settlement visa appeal and intends to settle in the UK and may not return back to Thailand if a visit visa is issued. So, you should focus on the existing appeal and not on a new visa.
You may also write to your MP and see if your MP can intervene on your behalf and write to the Home Office and Tribunal.
Hope this helps