UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I AM A UK CITIZEN CURRENTLY LIVING IN THAILAND WITH MY THAI

I AM A UK CITIZEN CURRENTLY LIVING IN THAILAND WITH MY THAI WIFE. (WE WILL BE VISITING UK AND THE IRISH REPUBLIC IN SEPTEMBER)
WE WANT TO BOTH RELOCATE TO THE IRISH REPUBLIC ON A PERMANENT BASIS. WHAT IS THE MOST HASSELL FREE WAY TO GET THE REQUIRED RESIDENCE AND OR VISA FOR MY WIFE, BEARING IN MIND WE WILL PERIODICALLY TRAVEL TO UK FROM THE IRISH REPUBLIC. E.G IF MY WIFE GETS A 6 MONTH HOLIDAY VISA FOR UK AND WE STAY IN IRELAND IN THAT TIME (OR IS SHE ONLY ALLOWED 3 MONTHS) CAN SHE APPLY TO REMAIN. OR IS IT EASIER TO APPLY EITHER FOR A UK OR IRISH RESIDENCE VISA BEFORE WE ARRIVE IN IRELAND. etc !
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
She will require a UK Visitor Visa which will allow her to travel from the UK to Ireland without a separate Irish visa. She is only permitted to be in Ireland for 3 months under this scheme. The UK visitor visa has a maximum validity of 6 months in the UK.
May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi you only answered a samll part of the question the main question is:

Sorry. Once you both enter Ireland and provided you will be exercising treaty rights in Ireland e.g. Employment, self sufficient etc she may apply for a Residence Card to live in Ireland with you valid for 5 years. The application form is EU1
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20EU1.pdf/Files/Form%20EU1.pdf
She may then apply for a permanent residence card using form EU3 once she has been in Ireland for 5 years
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20EU3.pdf/Files/Form%20EU3.pdf
Hope this clarifies