UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen by birth, just returned to living in

I am a British citizen by birth, just returned to living in the UK. My wife and four month old daughter are both Ugandan. We wish to reside in the UK on permanent basis. Given that most of the documentation which will need to be submitted is in my possession, can I process the application from London, or can only my wife, as the applicant, apply in Uganda? Kind regards, ***** *****

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Your daughter may also be British by descent through you and be eligible for a British passport
Your wife will need to apply,for the visa in Kampala through the Tele performance center, see here
https://uk.tlscontact.com/ug/kla/splash.php
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So as I understand it, my daughter should be eligible for a British passport by descent, meaning that we only have to make a visa application for my wife. How do I tackle the application of the child passport given that both my wife and daughter are residing in Uganda and I am in the UK (I'll not be able to get to Uganda until the end of the year due to work commitments)?

Can the same office that handles the visa applications in Kampala deal with it, or is there a different process?

Please start a new question for the passport query
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Following the advice to start a new question I have done so twice, but still getting no response. Regards, XXX