How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 960
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

This my situation-I have found a partner, who was born and

Customer Question

This my situation- I have found a partner, who was born and lives in Australia. I have been living with her (in Australia), for 15 months of the last 3 years. We have a child, who was born in March last year (my child will have a British passport before she comes to this country). I am now a full time carer for my mother (in the UK). We applied for a visa so that my family can settle in the UK. I am exempt from the financial requirement, because of my position as full time carer. However the visa has been rejected, because I need to be earning at least £114 a week (even though I wasn’t informed before the application was made). I only get carers allowance and income support that comes to £91 per week. I am hoping to find a way to make up the difference in the income, but we only have 28 days to appeal the decision (including proof of income). Do you feel that you can assist us in resolving this matter in the time period? I was also rejected because they felt that there wasn't enough evidence about us being engaged. I believe that if I found a job (I think I’m allowed to earn above carers allowance to a maximum of £20 per week), it would be still short of the £114 needed. I've been told that I might be able to win my appeal via the human rights issue. Can you please tell me if its likely work and how much it will cost? Please note that I can send rejection letter. via Email. Regards ***** *****

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue searching for an answer

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Related Immigration Law Questions