UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Daughter's passport application/UK father not present

This question was first asked over 30 hours ago. I just want to check that it is still being dealt with.
The answer to my previous question suggested that my daughter may be eligible for a British passport by descent as I was born in the UK. If that is so, I assume that we'll only need to apply for a visa for my wife to come and join me in the UK (from Uganda).
The question is, how do we best tackle the application for the child passport given that both my wife and daughter are resident in Uganda and I am residing in the UK (I won't be able to get back to Uganda until the end of the year due to work commitments).
Can the same office, in Kampala, that handles the visa requests deal with this matter too, or is there a different process?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola, Thank you for the response. The initial appeal of this website was the possibility to get a fast response (to what I had assumed is not such a complicated situation), but given that three days on I'm being asked to wait then I shall seek alternative sources for future information - hence I cancelled my subscription. As it turns out, the answer to the question seems to be that we could apply for my daughters UK passport from Uganda, even though I'm not present there, but the process would take as long as three months. It will be more expeditious to bring her to the UK on her Ugandan passport, along with her mother, and make the child passport application in London. Time is of greater concern to us than cost. Kind regards, XXXX

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello Patrick,

I am sorry but I have just seen your question as I was offline for a few days.

Please see the procedure here for applying for first child passports from Uganda.

The application has to be sent to the UK so you may post it from within the UK if you have all the documents here with you. The application form and documents to be sent are here:
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports/y/uganda/applying/child/uganda

The application has to be posted to this address:

Her Majesty's Passport Office
OVS-D
Millburngate House
Millburngate
Durham
DH97 1PA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply. Yes I was aware that it is an online application, and although I can post the documents from the UK it is regarded as an overseas application and as such, can take up to 12 weeks to be processes. Bringing the girl here on her Ugandan passport and then making the UK child passport application (that application could be processed in about one week) would be a better option. Regards, XXXXXXX

Okay, thanks. Please leave feedback