31090051

My son wants to divorce his wife. he is married to an american

my son wants to divorce his wife. he is married to an american girl and have 1 daughter who has dual nationality. she needs to re apply for her job by september and needs to renew her visa. he just wondered if she will be able to take her daughter out of the country without his say so back to america, as this is what she is threatening to do. please could you give me some advice. really appreciate it. many thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will wait a couple of days. I need to know by the end of Wednesday. Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need to know asap as she is threatening to take his daughter back to the USA very soon. She keeps all the passports for her and daughter on the military base so my son can't get hold of them. Please could you reply as these questions need to be answered. i will wait for your reply until the end of Wednesday if no answer by then i will have to look else where.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. A parent can't take a child permanently out of the UK without the permission of the other parent. That would be child abductions and steps could be taken to have the child returned.
However, as you will appreciate where there is a genuine threat it would be better to act before the deed is done. I suggest that your son sees a solicitor quickly as it may be that he should take proceedings with a view to an order preventing the mother from removing the child from the jurisdiction of the court. As certain procedures have to be followed it would be better to take advice sooner rather than later.
If the passport in in the custody of the mother, I would tend to take her threat seriously.
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.