UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

My Daughter from India is currently studying in the UK

Hi my Daughter from India is currently studying in the UK . She is enrolled for a three year degree program and has a valid tier 4 student visa stamoed till oct 2015 . Her exams end on mid june 2015 and her graduation ceremony is in July 2015 She has planned to travel to Greece with a group of friends from london around last week of June2015 and plans to re enter UK after her greece trip around 30th June 2015. My question and confirmation required is that i hope the UK Border allows her to renetr UK on her Tier 4 student Visa without a problem since her course is ending around mid june 2015 and her results are coming on 15th july 2015 . She has registered for her graduation ceremony and has a return ticket for India dated 26th july 2015 .pl confirm the documents she needs to carry and also confirm the possibility for her to be stopped at the border at the time of re entry and reason.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
She does not need to worry as her visa will be valid when she comes back from Greece. She does not need to carry any supporting documents as such as student visas are normally issued to end of October to allow the student time to wind up their UK affairs after their studies end.
All the best
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update and that's what even I believed should be the case.

However the confusion started when I looked up the University website for some clarifcations that I came across the following ...please open link and read

also I am pasting the para of concern in Univ of Warwick website incase the link does not work

I am planning to leave the UK after I have finished my course but before I have attended my graduation ceremony. Am I allowed to re-enter the UK using my Tier 4 student visa (if it is still valid) to attend my graduation ceremony?

In order to enter the UK using your student visa, you must still meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules for student visas. Students whose studies have ended and who do not intend to take another course when they return to the UK will have difficulties showing that they still meet the requirements of the Immigration Rules for students. If a border force officer considers that your circumstances have changed or that you are attempting to re-enter for a purpose other than that for which your leave was granted, your immigration permission can be cancelled and you can be required to leave the UK or, if you are a non-visa national, you can be granted leave to enter as a visitor instead.

We would recommend that if you are leaving the UK and intending to return for the purpose of just attending your graduation ceremony, you obtain aGeneral Visitor Visa to do this to avoid any risk in being refused entry to the UK. You should be aware that it is not possible to switch from a visitor visa to another visa category within the UK and this may therefore impact your decision whether to leave the UK before graduation or not.

We are aware that recently, some students have got in touch with the UKVI International Enquiry Service or their local British Embassy with the same question, and some of them have been advised that they can return to the UK to attend Graduation Ceremony using their current Tier 4 visa, as long as the University has not withdrawn their CAS, and that they bring (in their hand luggage) 1) evidence that they have been studying (e.g., a Student Status Letter); 2) evidence of return ticket leaving the UK and 3) evidence that they will be attending the Graduation Ceremony (e.g., a print-out of the confirmation email from the Awards & Ceremony team). We would also advise that you bring a print-out of the email from the UKVI/ Embassy which contains such advice. These should mitigate the risk of you being refused entry as we highlighted above. You should avoid mention of work, if at all possible without being dishonest, as this often raises doubts in a border force officer's mind about your real reasons for re-entering the UK.

Please go through the same and do a further check with the Border rules on their Home web site

Awaiting your reply basis more detailing

Neera Malik