Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

If I get married in Austria to my boyfriend who is Afghanistan

Customer Question

If I get married in Austria to my boyfriend who is Afghanistan would he need the English exam before can come here once we sort out the spouse visa
Category: Immigration Law
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Yes you will have to meet all the financial requirements and he will need to meet the language ones
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for delay have been working out off the country . As my boyfriend is now awaiting a interview with the Austrian people. What would be the next step regarding legally getting my boyfriend here so we can be together. I have sent him a some English books to improve on his English and I am going out in about a week time to go to sort out him doing a English exam in Vennia as this is needed for England. please could you advise the next steps or where I would be able to get information on this . many thanks Geraldine

HI
Do you meet the financial requirements?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

M

Sorry - is that a yes or no?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry yes I do earn more that what they say is needed. What would be the next step. I am hoping to go over in a few weeks and we are going to vinenna to see about English exam. Geraldine

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that is a yes

Do you wish to marry in the Ul or abroad?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We were thinking of Austria as he's there at the moment , as today he went to Salzburg to see when he would be having a interview to review him being there., but all they said he has to wait as there are loads. But not really sure what to do for the best at moment

I am afraid that he will need to pass his English Test before he can receive his spouse visa so that is where you need to concentrate your efforts
Once that is well advanced you can make the applictaion
The process and fees are set out here
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk
Please ask if you need further details