UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Actually I got my Indefinite leave to remain on 18/06/2012,

Customer Question

Hi, actually I got my Indefinite leave to remain on 18/06/2012, I came to this country on 28/12/2010.
Last time I met my solicitor, she told me that I can apply to UK citizenship in 2015, she didn't mention which month.
My question is should I wait the 28th of December 2015 to apply or I can just apply right now,
Sarah
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
If you are married to a British Citizen, you could apply for British Citizenship on your third anniversary in the UK, if you are not married to a British Citizen, you may apply on your fifth anniversary I.e. From 28 Dec 2015
all the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually I was married to British citizen but got divorced for domestic violence

In that case you must wait until your fifth anniversary in the UK.
Please leave feedback