UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I applied British citizenship in 2012 but l did not declare

Customer Question

I applied for a British citizenship in 2012 but l did not declare my convictions as l was advised by my friends that driving convictions from long back did not matter when declaring but only serious crimes can be declared, l was then declined and l was told to apply after 10 years , l regret taking my friends advice l have a family of 6 including myself my 2 kids were born here but the other 2 were born in Zimbabwe so when we applied it was 4 of us to apply which my wife and my two kids were granted British citizenship, now l am doing voluntry work with the probation services l have been doing it for 7 months now . My question is do l have a chance of applying and get my ban to apply overturned? L would like to re apply if l do have a chance thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You should not apply until 10 years have passed as you did not declare your convictions and were refused under the ground of misrepresentation.
all the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes l know l have been banned for 10 years so my question was was there a chance l could ask the home office for paddon i
I am afraid there is no basis to ask for a pardon and I have never seen anyone being pardoned in such a situation.
Sorry