UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

One of my employees has her permanent residency but

Hello. One of my employees has her permanent residency but needs to wait another year before she is allowed to apply for her citizenship. My question is .... does she also need to wait a year before taking her "life in the UK" test or can she take this at any time? Also, is there any limit to the number of test attempts that are allowed or any set time that must be left between taking subsequent tests if she fails? Thank you.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
She may sit for the Test at any time and there are no restrictions on the number of attempts if she fails. She may retake the test again at any time.
All the best