Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I'm an EEA (Spain) national. I was given the

Customer Question

Hello, I'm an EEA (Spain) national.

I was given the Permanent Residence in June 2010. Since then I haven't tried to apply for naturalisation until now.

I know the PR status is lost after one leaves the UK for more than 2 continuous years which is not the case. Then,

- do I have to prove that I have been residing in the UK during the 5 years since I've got the PR?

- if affirmative, how do I prove it? Bare in mind that I haven't been employed and I'd be classified as "self sufficient". I do have Council tax papers and other utility bills, but not P60's or other employment-related papers. Would those work?

- where in the application should I add that information and attach those papers? I don't see anywhere in the Form AN, booklet or the guide that indicates where to write down info or that asks to send documents of the time post-PR in the UK.

And about being "self sufficient" for the post-PR period,

- do I need to show proof of that status?

- do I need to show that I have a comprehensive sickness insurance?

And while attempting to fill out the Form AN,

- in 1.53, do I have to fill 10 years of employment considering I already have the PR? Can this be left blank?

- in 2.2, do I have to fill the details of all absences for the last 5 years? If so, what documents should I produce to back this up since EU passports aren't stamped?

- in 2.4, do I have to fill this section considering I already have the PR?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola,

Thank you for your reply. I'm able to continue waiting for an answer for a bit more.

Thanks!

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,
Please, do not close the question until an answer has been produced. The money has been taken out of my Paypal account already, so is the money going back if you close the question?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Yes, if you are not satisfied in any way, we refund the deposit, so you do not lose your money.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola,
I don't know why you closed this thread without telling me.
Can you please refund the money to my Paypal account since no answer has been produced?