Hello, I'm an EEA (Spain) national.
I was given the Permanent Residence in June 2010. Since then I haven't tried to apply for naturalisation until now.
I know the PR status is lost after one leaves the UK for more than 2 continuous years which is not the case. Then,
- do I have to prove that I have been residing in the UK during the 5 years since I've got the PR?
- if affirmative, how do I prove it? Bare in mind that I haven't been employed and I'd be classified as "self sufficient". I do have Council tax papers and other utility bills, but not P60's or other employment-related papers. Would those work?
- where in the application should I add that information and attach those papers? I don't see anywhere in the Form AN, booklet or the guide that indicates where to write down info or that asks to send documents of the time post-PR in the UK.
And about being "self sufficient" for the post-PR period,
- do I need to show proof of that status?
- do I need to show that I have a comprehensive sickness insurance?
And while attempting to fill out the Form AN,
- in 1.53, do I have to fill 10 years of employment considering I already have the PR? Can this be left blank?
- in 2.2, do I have to fill the details of all absences for the last 5 years? If so, what documents should I produce to back this up since EU passports aren't stamped?
- in 2.4, do I have to fill this section considering I already have the PR?
Thank you for your reply. I'm able to continue waiting for an answer for a bit more.