UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a South African national who married a British

hello
I am a South African national who married a British citizen 20 years ago in South Africa. we have 2 kids and lived in South Africa together for 16 years before bringing our kids ( who both have british citizenship) over to the UK for their schooling four years ago. I arrived on a spousal visa, then applied and recieved a Limited LTR Visa in Jan 2012 which expired (due to my own laxness and personal situations) in Jan 2015. ( I was working as a carer for 4 years and my last patient died in jan which is one of the reasons i completely forgot i had to reapply.)
When i realised this had happened i tried to resolve it but had to quit my job as i realise i am now legally not allowed to work. Obviously i cannot continue not to work and would like to resolve this situation as soon as possible. Financially this is a problem. What can i do that doesn't involve me leaving my children and husband to go and reapply/ restart the whole process again outside the country? I have passed the Living in Britain test and the english test with flying colours- please help.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I would advise you to apply for further leave to remain using form FLR(FP) and submit evidence about your marriage to a British Citizen and your children being British Citizens.
The form is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/423050/FLR_FP__Version_04-15.pdf
You should apply by post.
All the best