31090051

My girlfriend has lived in england years now and already

hi my girlfriend has lived in england for 6 years now and already has an ILR
she has worked on and off all the 6 years
we are wanting to apply for citizanship but not sure what is required does she have to sit an b1 exam or is she exempt because she has lived n worked here for more than 5 year
mharcais
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Can she speak the language?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes she can speak English quite well she also has a entry 2 certificate we did a mock test on internet for English test n she came out "upper intermediate " we are not sure if the law changed in April 2015 and she now had to take entry 3 or b1 exam also we here it is changing again in November can you give us the right criteria . Or like I asked is she exempt because of the years she has lived n worked in England many thanks mharcais. ps also she has just read this by herself with no problems .
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your response. What country does she come from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thailand
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If she has an English qualification at B1, B2, C1 or C2 she won't need to sit the English language test.
She will have to sit the life in the UK test and attain a 75% pass or better.
Happy to discuss.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She already has a pass cert for indefinite leave to remain she did this live in in uk test 5 years ago ALso a entry 2 cert . so what we are wanting to know is does she still need to sit a b1 or entry 3 asol or or these good enough to apply for uk citizenship Many thanks Mharcais
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
No, if she has at least the minimum certification already she doesn't have to sit any additional tests.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this apply for after April 2015 as we was told home office Had change the rules and now require b1 or entry 3 level . Mharcais
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
I would clarify that with whoever told you. The changes to immigration rules are published here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/immigration-rules-statement-of-changes
and I can find no reference to what you are referring to.