UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am looking forward to "extend" my Tier 2 (General)

Customer Question

Hello Tom,
I am looking forward to "extend" my Tier 2 (General) Visa in a couple of months. I had a speeding ticket on Aug 2013 for which I was issued an FPN. Should I still declare this in my visa extension application? Will they run any checks on this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
1. Yes you should state this on the visa application form and they would wish to know if you do have been issued with any fines which may effect your character. It will also show that you are forthcoming with any information and the home office would see this in a positive light and not in a negative way.
2. The usually only run checks on your record during indefinite leave to remain and naturalisation applications, but regardless of this, I would recommend that you state in your application that you have been issued with a FPN.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.