Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

As a British Citizen, I'm going to be visiting my partner

Customer Question

Hello. As a British Citizen, I'm going to be visiting my partner in the Philippines next week. We intend to get engaged there. I wish to bring him back with me into the UK after my two week visit there.
I have documents and information that prove that I am able to support his stay. Will he need a visa? And if so, is it possible to apply and receive one by the beginning of July? I have already purchased both our flight tickets, so is he able to enter the UK without a problem?
Category: Immigration Law
How long do you wish him to stay for?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I intend for him to stay as long as possible. After we get engaged in his country, we want to get married in the UK

Is he willing to return home after the marriage to apply for his spouse visa?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He is willing to go back home as he has family there. But after some time, he will want to move with me permanently.

Your partner will need a visa to come to the Uk.
he can apply for a Visitors visa - but if he does then he must not make any mention of his plans to get married as otherwise he will be refused.
Other wise he will have to apply for a Fiance Visa - which is unlikely to be granted by 1st July.
If you do marry whilst he is in the Uk he will have to return home to apply for a Spouse Visa so that he can come and settle with you
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This information helps a lot. But I was just wondering how long it would take to get a visitor visa or a fiancé visa? And is it possible to retrieve him a visa upon coming to the uk or do we have to do that beforehand?
It has to be applied for before leaving the Philippines
You can find out the processing times here
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/manila-philippines/visits-visas/all