UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

There i am in uk on visa tier 1, south african national.

Hi there i am in uk on visa tier 1, south african national. My passport expired and i applied for renewal before itexpired, butstill have not received new one. I am applying for ilr, with expired passport. I meet all other conditions, will they accept ilr application, with expired passport?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, this is fine as you will be issued with a Biometric Residence permit which does not require a valid passport as it is in the format of a card and not affixed to the passport.
You should also submit evidence that you have applied to renew the passport and are awaiting the new passport.
Hope this helps