UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa working as a software

I am currently on Tier 2 general visa working as a software developer. I am allowed to do supplementary work which is in the same profession and level of my regular job.
My question is, am I allowed to do supplementary work remotely from home for a company which is located abroad? Also, is it OK to file taxes for extra income as the company will not be able to deduct tax via PAYE?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you may do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week and you may do this from home and pay taxes yourself as the employer is not in the UK.
Hope this clarifies