Alice H, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I have a friend who lives in Ghana but wants to move and work

Customer Question

I have a friend who lives in Ghana but wants to move and work in the UK they are saying she needs at least minimum of £3000 in her bank account before can emigrate she has all the correct paper work visa, health check and passport can you tell me if this is the correct information please
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.
What is the purpose of her move to the UK? How will she pay for her transport/fares/living expenses? Do she have any dependants etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I met her online about 10 months ago she has paid for all her papers visa,health check. she has no dependants. she is a qualified SRN and wants to come here to work

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
OK
A person from outside the EEA cannot come to the UK 'seeking' work but she might be able to apply for a Tier 2 General Visa if she has a job offer and sponsorship.
The fee is approximately £1,000 and she might have to pay a healthcare surcharge.
It would certainly help if your friend had savings to demonstrate that's she can pay for her travel and living expenses until she is paid but the most important thing she needs to show is that she has a job lined up.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Is she asking you to send her money?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help?