UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I'm applying citizenship, because I want to join

Hi, I'm applying for a citizenship, because I want to join the British Army! I'm Czech, I came in July 2004. I just need to find out, if I got my indefinite leave to remain with my work permit or not! Or is there a telephone number I can ring to find out any details about it ? Does joining the Army help with getting a citizenship ? Thanks for Your help. Helen
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
What have you been doing since you came here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've been in full time employment since 2005, had a mortgage, now I'm renting. I've passed the living in UK test and the speech and listening test too for the citizenship !!! Now, I just do not understand what else do I need and I do not know, where to find out about the things I need for it !!!! Thank You for Your help with this, it is flustrating not knowing the next step, when all I want is just a join the Army as soon as !!!! Thank You again !!!!

You are eligible to apply for British Citizenship based on your residency in the UK and the fact that you have been exercising treaty rights (i.e. working) in the UK.

Joining the Army will not help or hinder your British Citizenship application.

The application process is here and you need to complete form AN:

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/how-to-apply

I suggest you apply through the Nationality Checking Service (NCS) at your local authority who will check your application is properly completed and then forward it to the Home Office for processing.

NCS details here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/nationality-checking-service

May I help further?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You ever so much for Your help! I just have one more question, one more thing I need to make sure I understand it clearly . When I first arrived to England, that was 2004 in July, is it correct that I can remain here in definit, because the Czech is member of EU since that year ? Thank You again for Your help !!!
Yes, you are a permanent resident as you have lived here since 2004 and exercised treaty rights. Good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You ever so much for everything, it has been huge help !!! I can't Thank You enough, many Kindest Regards, H.