UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Family visa

Customer Question

hello, i am a student at the moment with a student visa. i have been thinking to get a family visa as i have a partner here in the UK.

But when i read the eligibility it states''

you must be able to prove one of the following:

• you’re married
  • you’re in a civil partnership
  • you’ve been living together in a relationship for 2 years''

the problem is we are not married or lived together but we have been together for almost 2 years.

so in order to get a family visa, how can i prove that we have been in a relationship?

also, i am a saudi national, and as a female i cannot issue a passport for my self without a guardian when my passport is expired. so can i issue a travel document (black) from the UK as my embassy would refuse to issue one for me ?

and with that travel document can i use it instead of passport to extend my family visa if i am successful ?

also it states that ''

You can apply to extend or switch in any of these routes if you’re eligible, except if you have permission to be in the UK:

• as a visitor
  • for less than 6 months – unless you got your visa to get married or become civil partners or you got your visa to wait for the outcome of a family court or divorce
  • on temporary admission or release (you don’t have a visa) – unless you apply in a 10-year route''

so what kind of visa should i have to obtain family visa ?

thank you

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid if you have not been living together for the 2 years, then you do not qualify, being together with someone and living together with someone are two different things.
You are eligible to apply for a family visa in the UK as a student but you do not fall under the grounds of having lived together or being in a marriage with a UK or settled person.
Sorry but I can only advise you truthfully.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for the reply

but could you also reply to my other questions i mentioned above which are:

''

and with that travel document can i use it instead of passport to extend my family visa if i am successful ?''

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
answer my questions