Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I will my son is british citizen i will like to apply

Customer Question

Hello i will my son is british citizen i will like to apply for a uk resident
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Do you have UK citizenship yourself?
If not, why do you consider that the child may qualify for UK citizenship?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

am nigeria i have cyprus resident permit cos am married to estonia and my son as a biritish passport his mom is from england am not married to his mother have been in uk 10 time to visti him but now i want to move there with him.. so where can i get online form to fill and apply for the resident card?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
You are married to an Estonian citizen, correct?
Will your Estonian spouse move to the UK with you?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no she will not. i have a company in cyprus so she will be taking care of it i just want to move with my son to spend more time with him he need a daddy hand in his life.. i pay for child suport ever time and i also always fly him over to cyprus to visti.. what web site can i get the form to apply for uk resident?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is there any phone number i can call to explain better?

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I am having connection problems at the moment. I should be able to answer in about half an hour.
Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
In order to get a visa on the basis of your relationship with a child in the UK, you have to be able to prove the eligibility criteria under “Coming to look after your child” on the following link;-
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility
If you have access rights then the case officers would expect to see that you have obtaining a court order from court stating that you should have contact with the child.
In the first instance I would contact a UK based family solicitor with a view to obtaining a court order stating that you are to have contact with your son. You can then use this in your application for a visa on this basis.
When you come to make the application for a visa I would also strongly consider instructing a uk based immigration solicitor in order to draft the application and advise you on the necessary supporting documentation that you should submit with the application. The application is quite a complicated one and you really need to ensure that the actual application you submit is in the best possible shape, so that it gives the case officiers less grounds to reject the application.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can i have your number? i dont think you understand what i want

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that solicitor's conduct rules prevent me from making private contact with customers of this site, because it is for general questions/answers only.
You want to come to the Uk to live and be part of your son's life. If your son is a UK citizen and your Estonian partner will not travel with you to live in the UK then the above answer is correct.
The fact that you have a Cypriot residence permit does not change the advice. However, if you were to obtain a Cypriot passport then you could travel to teh UK freely to live here because you would then be an EEA national.
Kind regards,
Tom