Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My Cuban fiance is here in the UK one month of his

Customer Question

My Cuban fiance is here in the UK for just one month of his 6 month visa. I have found out that I am pregnant and we want to marry sooner rather than later.
I am self employed and can demonstrate earnings of in excess of the required minimum. Since I own my company, I can assure that company income can secure a continued payment to myself for a year or 2 even if I can't work.
We are considering travelling back to Cuba together, marrying and applying for a married persons visa and I can sponsor his time in the uk until the point that he can learn sufficient english to secure the language credentials. Obviously with time we want him to have the chance to work in the UK in the future.
Do you offer support to help consolidate a case to apply for future visas?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just to clarify; are you asking whether there would be any adverse impact if you both travelled back to Cuba before the expiry of his visa in order to marry?
Kind regards,
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We are going to travel back to Cuba after just 4 weeks of a 6 month visa - due to work commitments.

We want to know if we will damage our chances of future visas if we marry whilst in Cuba (and potentially infringe the conditions under which the current visa has been issued). He will not be available to visit the UK until 2016 and so will not be travelling a second time on the current visa. Should/could he give up his visa on return?

We plan to apply for another visa for February of next year- such that he can come to the UK for the birth of the baby.

We also want to know what support and advice we can source to help in the consolidation of a next visa application.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience.
No, if he were to return to Cuba with you before the expiry of his visa and then you were to marry there then it would not affect his future visa opportunities.
If you were to marry in the UK whilst on a visit visa then this could potentially impact future visa chances, but as this is not proposed there is no issue in this regard.
As to applying for a spouse visa in the future, I would suggest that you have a consultation now with a local UK based solicitor in order to lay the ground work for the ultimate spouse visa application that he may make once you are married. They will be able to advise you on the necessary supporting documentst that you should accrue and retain in the mean time until you come to apply at a later date.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom