How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

Sir i am illegal here buy there is old lady alone want to

Resolved Question:

Hi sir i am illegal here buy there is old lady alone want to deed her house on my name is ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
There is no requirement to have a legal immigration status in order to own a property in the uk. So,she could possibly transfer the property to you.
However, she could only do this if there is no mortgage on the property. If there is a mortgage on the property then she cannot transfer it to anybody without the mortgage being repaid.
If there is a mortgage on the property and she proposed to transfer it to you then you would have to obtain a mortgage. You would not be able to get a mortgage if you are illegal in the United kingdom, so if there is a mortgage then she cannot transfer it to you.
However if the property is mortgage free then she can transfer it to you but you should be aware that this will not give you any additional immigration rights to regularise your stay in the United Kingdom.
Kind regards
Thomas and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you