Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Ely, I spoke to you 5 days ago about getting a green card. My husbands Father is a cit

Customer Question

Hi Ely,
I spoke to you 5 days ago about getting a green card. My husbands Father is a citizen and he lives mainly in the UK can he sponsor us as a third preference. What do you need to know
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for requesting me. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms;
(B)If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and
(C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
Before we go on, I would like to say that you have yet to rate my answer from your previous question - here.
Is there anything that I did not answer to your satisfaction in regards ***** ***** prior question? If not, please let me know. If it was answered to your satisfaction, please consider rating positively.
In regards to this question which I am treating separately, you mean your father is a US Citizen who lives in the UK?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but he does travel back to the US sometimes

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
In regards ***** ***** prior question and my answer here here, did you have any other question? If not, it would be grand if you could indeed rate positively and submit.
In regards ***** ***** greencard sponsorship anew - did you simply wish an overview of the matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ely,

We just need to know if he can sponsor us while live in the UK.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Glenn,
I am going to opt out of this question and open this up for others. Good luck.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.