Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

My son is a UK National who has recently returned to this country

My son is a UK National who has recently returned to this country with his wife and daughter. His wife is a Japanese national and her spoke visa is stamped "no recourse to public funds". His 20 month old daughter was born in Japan but has a UK birth certificate and UKpassport.
Can they claim child benefit and child tax credits without breaching the terms of the visa. If they can claim can the application be made in his wife's name.
Secondly his wife took her English language test with Pearson which is no longer on the list of approved examiners. Will she have to retake the test when she re applies for her visa
Category: Immigration Law
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your son (not his wife) is entitled to apply for the Child Benefit and the Tax Credits.
I am afraid his wife will indeed have to redo the the English Language test
please ask if you need further details