Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am applying spouse visa wife (US citizen),

Customer Question

I am applying for a spouse visa for my wife (US citizen), and part of the application asks for her old passport information. We have the passport number of her current and previous passports, but not the one before. We also only have her current passport
in our possession. We do have a comprehensive list of all her travel outside of the US for the last 10 years. Is this likely to cause us a problem with the application? We were planning on submitting a priority application.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.
Provided that you have your current passport and your passport immediately before this one, then you will still be fine.
They ask the question for completeness. If you are not able to provide the earlier passports the you should state:
1. What you believe has happened to it
2. Confirm the approximate travelling history throughout the validity period for the lost passport
3. Confirm that you never breached any immigration rules when travelling under the passport
4. Confirm that you did not apply to have any changes made to the details of the passport when you held it.
5. Confirm you are happy to be contacted in order to provide any clarifications or further information they require (if any)
You will still be okay. It happens, not everyone retains their passports and the case officers are aware of this so just be up front about it and you should still be okay.
My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.
Kind regards,
Tom