Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

We, my husband, youngest son and myself, are living in London

Customer Question

We, my husband, youngest son and myself, are living in London for 10 years and are now citizens of the UK. My eldest son, now 32, is still living in South Africa (wanted to join us from the start but was already over 18 and was not allowed to join us). All 4 his grandparents died in the past 5 years and he is now on his own. He was a victim of crime 3 times already in South Africa and can not coupe on his own there any more. Does he has any human right to join us here?

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid as your son is not a minor, he needs to qualify in his own right for a UK visa e.g. As a student or worker.
As he is not in the UK and is not a UK national, he does not get the protection of UK human rights laws as otherwise the whole world outside the UK could claim that they had UK human rights.
I am sorry that I cannot give you a more favourable answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This I know and that is why I want to know from a human rights solicitor if he has any human rights to be reunited with his family in another country. Can he apply for assylum as he was a victim of crime three times already in South Africa?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would really like a better answer because the one I got did not answer the question I asked at all. I know my son is not a minor. I asked if he can apply through a human rights point of view as he was a victim of crime 3 times and has all his supporting family in the UK. I asked if he has any human rights that would help him get a visa. The professional did not even mention my question - and I paid him £34!!

I would really like to get a proper answer.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?