UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I was giving a 5 year eea family residence card in april 2012,

Customer Question

i was giving a 5 year eea family residence card in april 2012, based on living together, my visa will expired in april 2017,but now i have 5years and 3 months proof of living together. i want to ask if i can apply for parmanent residence card now or i wait till the end of my visa. am from ghana and my partnar is from poland we both work full time.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.
In respect of you applying, you will need to wait until 2017, this is because it is because you need to show residence in the UK as the spouse of an EEA national for 5 years from the date you were issued with the visa in 2012, it does not matter how long you may have been living with your partner before then.
Therefore you will need to wait until 2017 when you have completed 5 years under the EEA resident permit before applying for permanent residency.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.