UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been reading your responses from a year ago to a

Customer Question

Hi, I have been reading your responses from a year ago to a question on Penalty Charge notices. My question is have there been any changes to the rules when applying for naturalisation that means you have to declare a PCN that has been paid in full before the due date? The reason I ask is that I have only one PCN in the last 12 months, but have received 2 fines for driving in a bus lane the year before. Would this mean my application will be refused given the new rules?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
You must declare all your PCNs but as you only have 1 PCN in the last 12 months and 2 fines previously, you should be okay as three such events are not numerous.
The guide simply states as follows
3.1 – 3.2 You must give details of all criminal convictions both within and outside the United Kingdom. These include road traffic offences. Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed, although will not normally be taken into account unless:
• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or • you have received numerous fixed penalty notices.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the response, that is helpful.Does this also apply to those PCN notices that they put on the window of a car (ie council car park), which only include the details of the car and not the driver, and that was paid within the given time? If the notice only includes the car details and is paid before the expiry date, do they still gather the details of the owner? Also, those notices don't provide for nominating another driver when it was not the registered owner that had possession of the car at the time, so does this automatically fall onto the driver's record?Kind regards
I would advise you to declare the same and mention that they were paid off in time.
all the best