Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Thomas,My husband is now 66 years old British, 4

Customer Question

Hello Thomas, My husband is now 66 years old British, Born Jan 5, 1949.  Four  years ago he was paralyzed from waist down. He has minimal recovery , able to stand and walk a few meters in two crutches but mostly in a wheelchair.  His right hand has minimal grip .  His employer kept him for 4 years with massive reduction in his salary  . Employer forced him to retire in June 30 ,2015 .  He is unemployed , no job and no chances as we are in UAE.

I believe that he has paid a few years of national contribution but lost his ID.  He has lived  outside UK since 1978 and has not made contributions since then.  have 3 boys, 20 , 14 and 10 years old. If he returns  to UK , obviously cannot work, what benefits are available for him at his age and disability?    All 3 boys have British passports but we never lived in UK.  We met and married in the Philippines .  He was a resident in the PHilippines until we moved to UAE.  I am still holding a Philippine Passport.  If we all move to UK , can we get help for housing , education and physiotherapy for him?  Can I work as spouse in UK?  Thank you.  

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Nicola

I can wait for the answer . Thank you.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,